Business consulting services
Our business consulting services can help you improve your operational performance and productivity, adding value throughout your growth life cycle.
Business process solutions
We can help you identify, understand and manage potential risks to safeguard your business and comply with regulatory requirements.
Business risk services
The relationship between a company and its auditor has changed. Organisations must understand and manage risk and seek an appropriate balance between risk and opportunities.
As organisations become increasingly dependent on digital technology, the opportunities for cyber criminals continue to grow.
Forensic and investigation services
At Grant Thornton, we have a wealth of knowledge in forensic services and can support you with issues such as dispute resolution, fraud and insurance claims.
Mergers and acquisitions
Globalisation and company growth ambitions are driving an increase in M&A activity worldwide. We work with entrepreneurial businesses in the mid-market to help them assess the true commercial potential of their planned acquisition and understand how the purchase might serve their longer- term strategic goals.
Recovery and reorganisation
Workable solutions to maximise your value and deliver sustainable recovery
Transactional advisory services
We can support you throughout the transaction process – helping achieve the best possible outcome at the point of the transaction and in the longer term.
We provide a wide range of services to recovery and reorganisation professionals, companies and their stakeholders.
The International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) are a set of global accounting standards developed by the International Accounting Standards Board (IASB) for the preparation of public company financial statements. At Grant Thornton, our IFRS advisers can help you navigate the complexity of financial reporting from IFRS 1 to IFRS 17 and IAS 1 to IAS 41.
Audit quality monitoring
Having a robust process of quality control is one of the most effective ways to guarantee we deliver high-quality services to our clients.
Global audit technology
We apply our global audit methodology through an integrated set of software tools known as the Voyager suite.
Corporate and business tax
Our trusted teams can prepare corporate tax files and ruling requests, support you with deferrals, accounting procedures and legitimate tax benefits.
Direct international tax
Our teams have in-depth knowledge of the relationship between domestic and international tax laws.
Global mobility services
Through our global organisation of member firms, we support both companies and individuals, providing insightful solutions to minimise the tax burden for both parties.
Indirect international tax
Using our finely tuned local knowledge, teams from our global organisation of member firms help you understand and comply with often complex and time-consuming regulations.
Innovation and investment incentives
Dynamic businesses must continually innovate to maintain competitiveness, evolve and grow. Valuable tax reliefs are available to support innovative activities, irrespective of your tax profile.
Private client services
Our solutions include dealing with emigration and tax mitigation on the income and capital growth of overseas assets.
The laws surrounding transfer pricing are becoming ever more complex, as tax affairs of multinational companies are facing scrutiny from media, regulators and the public
Tax policies are constantly evolving and there are a number of complex changes on the horizon that could significantly affect your business.
Indirect tax snapshot
Please click on each section to expand further:
The principal indirect tax is VAT.
No, there is no registration limit. However, to be able to invoice VAT, the annual turnover of the company must be over 50.000.000 XOF.
When a taxpayer is not established in Burkina Faso, he must have a representative domiciled in Burkina Faso accredited with a tax department who undertakes to complete the formalities incumbent on this taxpayer and to pay the tax in his place. Failing this, the tax and, where applicable, the penalties, are required of the recipient of the taxable transaction.
VAT tax return must be submitted monthly, generally the 15th of each month.
The late declaration is sanctioned by a penalty of 25% and increased by 1% per month or fraction of a month of late fees due.
The invoice must mention clearly:
1) the invoice number of an uninterrupted series;
2) the date on which the invoice was drawn up;
3) the precise purpose of the transaction;
4) the amount of the invoice:
- for VAT taxable persons: the amount excluding VAT; the rate and amount of the tax due or, where applicable, the statement "exempt"; the total amount including all taxes due by the customer;
- for those not subject to VAT: the total amount due by the customer;
5) the precise identification of the party responsible for issuing the invoice:
- the surname and given name(s) in the case of a natural person, legal form and legal name in the case of a legal person;
- Geographic, cadastral, PO box and telephone addresses;
- the registration number in the Trade and Personal Property Credit Register, the Register of Civil Companies, Professions and Trades or the Register of Craft Trades;
- bank account(s) references;
- Unique Financial Identifier Number ;
- the tax system and the tax service on which the person liable for payment depends;
6) customer identification:
- the surnames and given names in the case of a natural person, legal form and legal name in the case of a legal person;
- Geographic addresses, PO Box and phone number;
- where applicable, the registration number in the Trade and Personal Property Credit Register, the Register of Civil Companies, Professions and Trades or the Register of Craft Trades;
- Unique Financial Identifier Number for sales to legal persons or merchants.
Yes returns are made online via the eSINTAX portal.
For further information on indirect tax in Burkina Faso please contact: