Peter Bodin is global CEO of Grant Thornton, a global accounting organisation with about 50,000 people in over 130 countries.
Peter is responsible for global leadership and management, including the implementation and execution of the global strategy. He leads the global leadership team, which assists him in the day-to-day management of the organisation, he chairs Grant Thornton’s strategy committee and is a member of its Board of Governors
Peter Bodin became global CEO on 1 January 2018 after 16 years leading Grant Thornton Sweden, during which time the Swedish firm’s revenues more than trebled to over SEK1.3bn.
He previously served as a member of GTIL’s Board of Governors from 2003 to 2016 and is a former chair.
He has served as an adviser on the Board of several companies in different industries and with various ownership structures.
Leadership and management experience
- CEO, Grant Thornton International Ltd Jan 2018 -
- CEO, Grant Thornton Sweden Oct 2000 - Sept 2016
- Managing Partner, Grant Thornton Göteborg May 1998 - Oct 2000
- Managing Partner, Grant Thornton Östersund Sept 1996 - April 1999
- Partner, Grant Thornton Sweden, June 1996 - June 2017
Chair and board experience
- Chairman of the Board, Grant Thornton International Ltd Jan 2010 - Dec 2014
- Board Member, Grant Thornton International Ltd, Jan 2003 - Dec 2016
- Board Member, British-Swedisch Chamber of Commerce, June 2014 –
- Board Member, FAR Dec 2002 - Sept 2010
- Oxford Senior Leadership Programme – SLT (Grant Thornton) 2013
- Stanford Executive Program – SEP 2008
- Harvard - Leading Professional Service Firms 2005
- Stockholm School of Economics – IFL Top-Ex 2001-2002
- Grant Thornton named as “Sweden’s most attractive Employer” 2017 (Universum)
- “The firm of the future” (FAR)
- “Best Small Business Accountant” (Financial Barometer)
- “Most active company in Social Media in Almedalen” (Dagens Media).
- Peter was named as one of “150 Super Communicators in Swedish Business
- Authorized Public Accountant, Grant Thornton Sweden, June 1994 - June 2017
- Group Auditor, Sectra AB, listed on Nasdaq OMX Stockholm June 2009 - Sept 2016
- Business Advisor, Grant Thornton Sweden Jan 1989 - June 2017
- Mid Sweden University, Bachelor´s Degree “Ekonomexamen” 1985-1989
- Wargentinsskolan, Humanistic and Social Science 1984
Swedish and English