Business consulting services
Our business consulting services can help you improve your operational performance and productivity, adding value throughout your growth life cycle.
Business process solutions
We can help you identify, understand and manage potential risks to safeguard your business and comply with regulatory requirements.
Business risk services
The relationship between a company and its auditor has changed. Organisations must understand and manage risk and seek an appropriate balance between risk and opportunities.
As organisations become increasingly dependent on digital technology, the opportunities for cyber criminals continue to grow.
Forensic and investigation services
At Grant Thornton, we have a wealth of knowledge in forensic services and can support you with issues such as dispute resolution, fraud and insurance claims.
Mergers and acquisitions
Globalisation and company growth ambitions are driving an increase in M&A activity worldwide. We work with entrepreneurial businesses in the mid-market to help them assess the true commercial potential of their planned acquisition and understand how the purchase might serve their longer- term strategic goals.
Recovery and reorganisation
Workable solutions to maximise your value and deliver sustainable recovery
Transactional advisory services
We can support you throughout the transaction process – helping achieve the best possible outcome at the point of the transaction and in the longer term.
We provide a wide range of services to recovery and reorganisation professionals, companies and their stakeholders.
The International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) are a set of global accounting standards developed by the International Accounting Standards Board (IASB) for the preparation of public company financial statements. At Grant Thornton, our IFRS advisers can help you navigate the complexity of financial reporting from IFRS 1 to IFRS 17 and IAS 1 to IAS 41.
Audit quality monitoring
Having a robust process of quality control is one of the most effective ways to guarantee we deliver high-quality services to our clients.
Global audit technology
We apply our global audit methodology through an integrated set of software tools known as the Voyager suite.
Corporate and business tax
Our trusted teams can prepare corporate tax files and ruling requests, support you with deferrals, accounting procedures and legitimate tax benefits.
Direct international tax
Our teams have in-depth knowledge of the relationship between domestic and international tax laws.
Global mobility services
Through our global organisation of member firms, we support both companies and individuals, providing insightful solutions to minimise the tax burden for both parties.
Indirect international tax
Using our finely tuned local knowledge, teams from our global organisation of member firms help you understand and comply with often complex and time-consuming regulations.
Innovation and investment incentives
Dynamic businesses must continually innovate to maintain competitiveness, evolve and grow. Valuable tax reliefs are available to support innovative activities, irrespective of your tax profile.
Private client services
Our solutions include dealing with emigration and tax mitigation on the income and capital growth of overseas assets.
The laws surrounding transfer pricing are becoming ever more complex, as tax affairs of multinational companies are facing scrutiny from media, regulators and the public
Tax policies are constantly evolving and there are a number of complex changes on the horizon that could significantly affect your business.
Grant Thornton Luxembourg Technology Hub Services
NEW services, SAME trust: creating the bridge between technology and business
The Grant Thornton Luxembourg Technology HUB stems from the ambition to complement our current advisory services offer for financial institutions with focused services in domains such as Blockchain, Cybersecurity and Innovation.
Our clients increasingly understand that they must adapt their business processes through emerging technologies, in order to enhance their business models, protect related data in order to keep their competitive advantage.
For this reason, they are looking for professional advice and a strategic vision that provides them with the necessary roadmap to ascertain technology needs in the short, medium and long term.
The technology HUB dedicated advisory
With our Blockchain service offer, we aim at answering the following questions :
- What is Blockchain and is Blockchain the right solution to adopt in view of my business environment?How can I take advantage of this technology for my business?
- What is the evolution of the Blockchain and is it mature enough to replace and / or connect my legacy systems?
As a founding partner of Infrachain, we believe that our customised awareness trainings, our assistance and guidance on Blockchain feasibility and strategy development studies, our Blockchain roadmap co-elaboration and implementation services provide an answer to all these questions and bring the necessary knowledge to achieve clients’ objectives.
Our Cybersecurity services are delivered in close cooperation with Grant Thornton Business Risk experts and aim at providing IT Governance Solutions, Data Privacy Assessments, Risk Management and /or CISO as a service, in addition to preventive services such as Penetration Tests, IT forensic, Incident Response Management and advice on Cybersecurity software solutions.
The Grant Thornton Technology HUB is also an Incubator for Fintech Start-ups, providing access to a full array of services : from funding to provision of office space and connectivity, from definition of business models to networking events with potential clients / partners, from support in the process of becoming CSSF regulated to operational support services (eg accounting, regulatory reporting, payroll, tax advisory, internal audit) in an outsourcing or co-sourcing model.
An example of a business model definition with one of our Fintech clients: the White Label E.M.I.
Electronic Money Institutions (E.M.I.s), new technologies combined with existing EU Passporting rules are enabling alternative payments solutions and creating new customer needs and business use cases, as Who has a Smartphone has an E-wallet.
New business models are quickly becoming available to merchants, who face the challenge of :
- Developing new strategies for customer retention by understanding and focusing on differentiating factors, such as exit barriers, switching costs (for customers) as well as entry barriers (for new providers) which are being substantially reduced by available technologies;
- Creating new revenue flows with a pricing scheme for customers that reflects the true added value which customers accept to pay for, such as : provision of fast, easy, secure payment methods, of ease and freedom of transferring money, of ease to store information and documents (e.g. tickets, seasonal tickets, fidelity cards, member cards), of ease to aggregate transactions from different sources (e.g. bank accounts, credit cards, other e-wallets..);
- Improving the quantity and perceived quality of contacts with customers, in order to collect valuable behavioural data and fine-tune future commercial actions;
- Minimising cost and maximising effectiveness of operational processes in general, such as transactions processing and management, AML / KYC checks, risk fraud management, accounting and invoicing.
- Support the creation of highly innovative new digital business models and processes.
This vision led Grant Thornton Luxembourg to conceive a unique, mutualised, standard, immediately customisable, E-wallet-based Payment Circuit independent from IBAN numbers and credits cards (usable, among others, just for the purpose of loading e-wallets).
The creation and operational feasability of such an initiative depends on three main factors:
- The adequate sourcing of a standardised payment platform, enabling profit generation through increasing volumes of small transactions in addition to cost savings (ie increase the independence from credit card circuits and related fees);
- The ease of use for customers, who should be given complete freedom in choosing their means to load the e-wallet;
- The ability to streamline backoffice processes (eg issuing and management of e-wallets, accounting, AML / KYC checks), and hence capitalise on cost-savings.
Therefore, a « White Label » E.M.I. setup, addresses these issues and offers to co-participants :
- The highest degree of customisation allowed by the selected e-wallet platform such as KontoKloud by Contoworks, in terms of logos and layouts available to customers, as well as of product and process parametrisation available to merchants (e.g. allowed transactions, cash-in / cash-out limits, special promotions, charged fees, risk management indicators and alerts);
- A unique technology standard to ensure large sourcing combined to economies of scale, enabling an efficient management of growing volumes, that could be leveraged to provide payment services from a strong negotiating position with credit card circuits;
- A protection of customer data ensuring that ownership of customer data from participants is ascertained.