- Grant Thornton reports record global revenues
Record global revenues
Grant Thornton today announced total combined record global revenues of US$4.8bn for the financial year ended 30 September 2016.
Revenues at Grant Thornton member firms grew 7.8% measured on a local currencies basis, and at 3.3% when measured in US dollars. Assurance services accounted for approximately 42% of total revenues (US$2.025 bn); advisory services 35% (US$1.652 bn); tax services 21% (US$1.018 bn); and other services 2% (US$94 m).
“All credit goes to our 47,000 people in more than 130 countries for all that we have accomplished in the past year,” said Ed Nusbaum, global CEO of Grant Thornton International Ltd. “We have created a solid platform for growth, placing both our people and our clients at the heart of our global strategy, allowing us to build on our quality and focus on our foundations to create sustainable growth for the future.
“Our mission remains the same: to be the leading adviser to dynamic organisations and to unlock the potential for growth in our people, our clients and in our communities.”
- Grew by 11.4% to 47,000 people in more than 130 countries.
- assurance services - US$2,025 million (up 3.6%)
- tax services - US$1,018 million (up 4.4%)
- advisory services - US$1,652 million (up 1.4%)
- other services - US$94 million (up 25.2%)
- Africa - US$98 million
- Americas - US$2,261 million
- Asia Pacific - US$692 million
- CIS - US$31 million
- Europe - US$1,667 million
- Middle East - US$40 million
Investing in our people - workplace and recognition awards
- Grant Thornton named one of the 50 World's Most Attractive Global Employers by Universum (#34).
- Grant Thornton recognised as a top employer worldwide in numerous countries including Canada, Mexico, Sweden, the US and UK.
Investing in our communities - corporate social responsibility (CSR)
Grant Thornton understands the impact our people have by volunteering their time, investing in educational, charitable, environmental and healthcare initiatives:
- Grant Thornton's Global CSR Steering committee is focused on ensuring each Grant Thornton firm has CSR at the heart of its business.
- Grant Thornton's global CSR event 'Growing Together in the community' was held on 22-23 September 2016. Our people in more than 90 countries across the world took part in helping local communities unlock their potential. Watch our video to see how we made an impact in our local communities this year.
- Grant Thornton continued its global partnership with The Global Fund for Children (GFC). Working collaboratively, we directly support their efforts in improving the lives of the world’s most vulnerable children by supporting the GFC's regional knowledge exchanges in Kenya, Nepal, Peru, Serbia, Moldova, Uganda, Kyrgyzstan and South Africa.
- New member firms in Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Rwanda and Slovenia.
- M&A expansions in Canada, Czech Republic, Estonia, Georgia, Hong Kong, Hungary, Israel, Italy, Romania, South Korea, Sweden and US.