- Press releases
- 2014 2014
- Jump in eurozone business optimism as economic recovery strengthens
- Europe looks beyond Greece as business optimism hits a fresh high
- China slowdown hits business growth prospects of key trading partners
- Europe resolute for New Year as US optimism wobbles
- Global survey finds transformative practices in government public financial management but improvements are still needed to sustain them
- Survey covers 700 APAC business leaders
- Kim Gibson named to IFAC International Ethics Standards Board
- Stephanie Hasenbos-Case named Grant Thornton global leader – people and culture
- Four named as International Tax Review’s 'women in tax leaders'
- Grant Thornton and The Global Fund for Children announce global partnership
- China ranks 14th in Grant Thornton Global Dynamism Index 2015
- Diverse boards in India, UK and US outperform male-only peers by US$655bn
- Robust financing environment key driver for investment in Mexico
- Singapore ranks 1st in the world in Grant Thornton’s Global Dynamism Index
- UK foreign investment driven by economic stability and robust technology
- Russia offers good technology and an improving financing
- Economic growth and strong workforce boost Indonesia’s position in global business growth environment index
- Strong growth and dynamic workforce boosts India’s ranking in global business growth environment index
- Technology investment and a strong financing environment boost France’s ranking in global business growth environment index
- Business-friendly regulation and a strong workforce make Australia a prime entry point for APAC
- Singapore, Israel, Australia top business growth environment index
- US$250bn in overseas real estate investment driven by gut feeling rather than data
- Paul Raleigh named global leader for growth and advisory services
- Grant Thornton named one of the 50 'World’s Most Attractive Global Employers'
- M&A activity strengthening
- Hotels 2020
- Women in business 2015 results
- European companies fear Brexit fallout could test economic resilience
- Ripple effects of Brexit and US presidential election on the world economy
- Unseen and unreported: extortion more common than data theft as diversity of cyber-attacks laid bare
- Auditors need to adapt and constantly innovate
- Grant Thornton recommends steps for universities to increase their share of the £20 billion international student market
- Global survey finds little impact on business from OECD BEPS tax plan
- Grant Thornton grows in Estonia with merger
- Global survey finds businesses excessively dependent on domestic consumer spending
- Grant Thornton Hong Kong grows operations with Mabel Chan & Co. merger
- Grant Thornton grows global presence with Korea merger
- Global survey finds crisis of confidence as global business optimism hits three-year low
- Annual global survey finds senior business roles held by women up slightly to 24%
- Francesca Lagerberg to address global tax policy conference
- Grant Thornton reports global revenues of $4.6 billion
- Global survey finds 40% of businesses plan to employ more workers in 2018
- APAC hopes for bright 2018
- Weakened profit outlook amid rising wage pressure
- Grant Thornton named Employer of the Year by the IAB
- Matt Tierney named Grant Thornton global insurance leader
- Grant Thornton in top 50 World’s Most Attractive Global Employers in 2017
- Workplace skills shortage - possible threat to business optimism
- Global survey finds planned exports hitting 18-month high
- Grant Thornton Windward Islands expands through merger
- Eurozone businesses support EU-wide single corporate tax rate
- Almost half of extortion attempts demand payment in Bitcoin
- Peter Bodin named Global CEO-elect of Grant Thornton
- A strong increase in optimism heading into 2017
- Drivers of the economy on a wave of optimism
- Research reveals global split in approach to cybersecurity
- Grant Thornton finds 1 in 4 senior business roles now held by women
- Peter Bodin appointed as Chair for IMPACT2030
- Grant Thornton grows in the Dutch Caribbean
- Changes to Grant Thornton in Austria
- Business optimism softens as economic cycle comes off peak
- Grant Thornton concludes integration discussions in South Africa
- Grant Thornton completes significant expansion in Japan
- Statement from Grant Thornton International Ltd
- Global business optimism creates peak investment conditions
- IASB issues a revised ‘Conceptual Framework for Financial Reporting’
- Zero tolerance for any form of harassment
- Gender balance in senior leadership roles remains elusive
- SizweNtsalubaGobodo joins Grant Thornton network
- Ethnic diversity low on the agenda for businesses globally
- New global CEO takes office
- Mounting pressure beginning to drive progress for women in senior leadership
- Grant Thornton relaunches in Peruvian market
- Economic fundamentals strong as widespread uncertainty fuels global optimism drop
- Strategic investment drives strong growth for Grant Thornton
- Grant Thornton International strengthens Board with two independent directors
- Deliberate market focus drives solid growth for Grant Thornton
- Press Releases 2020 Press Releases 2020
Press releases 2021
Press releases 2021
- Mid-market businesses eager to embrace sustainability but struggle to overcome barriers to progression
- Grant Thornton International Ltd builds its global industry programme with three new appointments
- Global mid-market businesses full of hope and fear in latest index results
- Mid-market businesses show signs of recovery after record H1 slump, but significant constraints remain
- Women in senior leadership positions pass critical 30% mark despite global pandemic
Paul Raleigh named global leader for growth and advisory services
Effective 1 July 2015, Paul Raleigh will serve as the Grant Thornton global leader for growth and advisory services. Raleigh, who has been a member of the Grant Thornton global leadership team since 2012, has most recently served as global leader for strategic development and growth, and as regional leader for Europe.
Grant Thornton named one of the 50 'World’s Most Attractive Global Employers'
A survey of more than 240,000 business and engineering students from 12 of the world’s largest economies named Grant Thornton one of the 50 'World’s most attractive global employers'. The survey was conducted as part of the Universum Annual Student Survey.
Jump in eurozone business optimism as economic recovery strengthens
Almost three months on from the launch of the European Central Bank's quantitative easing programme, new research from the Grant Thornton International Business Report (IBR) reveals a jump in business optimism in the eurozone...
M&A activity strengthening
The latest research from the Grant Thornton International Business Report, a global survey of 5,400+ business leaders in 35 economies, finds strong M&A activity and set to grow further over the next 12 months. Businesses' M&A plans, both current and forecast, are becoming more focused as the quality of available targets improves and is matched by a five-year high in the willingness of potential vendors to contemplate a sale.
Women in business 2015 results
As International Women’s Day approaches, new research from Grant Thornton reveals that Eastern European countries dominate the international league table for senior female business leaders, including seven of the top ten, with Russia at number one. However the proportion of women reaching the top tier of the business world has shown little progress over the past decade, leading to renewed calls for quotas, one of 12 recommendations set out in the report released today - Women in business: the path to leadership.
The hotel industry has lagged behind other sectors in adopting technology to meet customer led demand, according to a new report from Grant Thornton. As a result, hotels must now put mobile technology at the centre of their customer experience as they race to catch up and compete in the ‘sharing economy’, where services such as AirBnB are challenging the traditional business model.
Grant Thornton posts annual revenues of US$4.7 billion
Grant Thornton today announced record combined global revenues of US$4.7 billion driven by 4.6% growth in US dollars (4.9% in local currency) for the year ended 30 September 2014.
Grant Thornton donation to UNICEF tops US$360,000
Grant Thornton donated USD30,950 to UNICEF UK as part of its ongoing association through the International Business Report (IBR). This takes the total donation made through the project over the past eight years to over US$360,000.
OECD BEPS project faces uphill battle
Businesses want greater guidance on acceptable tax planning. Two global business surveys conducted by Grant Thornton finds businesses sceptical about the success of the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development's (OECD) BEPS Project on intergovernmental action on tax and wanting greater clarity as to what is acceptable and unacceptable tax planning - even if this provided less opportunity to reduce tax liabilities across borders.
Global private equity report 2014/15
In the post global financial crisis phase, the question being asked more than ever is: how can private equity deliver its value-added promises? The fourth edition of the Grant Thornton Private Equity Report, an annual survey of 175 senior industry practitioners around the globe, finds a new focus on returns rather than entry multiples; secondary buyouts increasing in importance; and thirdly the significance of management in delivering the new plan.