Grant Thornton today announced total combined global revenues of US$4.6bn for the financial year ended 30 September 2015.
Revenues of Grant Thornton member firms grew 6% measured on a local currencies basis, but fell to -2% when measured in US dollars due to the relative strength of the US dollar in 2015. Assurance services accounted for approximately 42% of total revenues (US$1.95bn); advisory services 29% (US$1.36bn); tax services 21% (US$968m); outsourcing 6% (US$281m); and other services 2% (US$75m).
“There were some very bright spots in our results,” said Ed Nusbaum, global CEO of Grant Thornton International Ltd. “In local currency many Grant Thornton firms showed impressive growth across most of our regions.”
“Our focus this past year has been on investing and developing a strategy for the future. I want to thank all of our 42,000 people in 130 countries who are committed to growing together to better serve clients, to create the best work environment for our people, and strengthening our commitment to quality.”
- Workforce grew by 4.8% to 42,204 people in 130 countries.
- assurance services - US$1,953 million
- tax services - US$968 million
- advisory services - US$1,356 million
- outsourcing services - US$281 million
- other services - US$75 million.
- Africa - US$106 million
- Americas - US$2,137 million
- Asia Pacific - US$566 million
- CIS - US$32 million
- Europe - US$1,755 million
- Middle East - US$37 million
- new member firms in Congo, Monaco, Qatar, Singapore, Trinidad and Tobago and an additional new firm in Cote d'Ivoire (Ivory Coast)
- M&A expansions in Belgium, China, Costa Rica, Denmark, France, Georgia, Ireland and Latvia.
Investing in our communities - corporate social responsibility (CSR)
Grant Thornton understands the impact our people have by volunteering their time in their communities, investing in educational, charitable, environmental and healthcare initiatives:
- Grant Thornton's Global CSR Steering committee is focused on ensuring each Grant Thornton firm has CSR at the heart of its business.
- Grant Thornton held its first global CSR day on 17 September 2015, where our people in more than 80 firms across the world took part in helping local communities unlock their potential for growth together. Watch our video to see how we made an impact in our local communities.
- Grant Thornton announced a new global collaboration in October 2015, with The Global Fund for Children (GFC). Working collaboratively we will directly support their efforts to improving the lives of the world’s most vulnerable children. Grant Thornton will help GFC find, fund and strengthen grassroots organisations around the world, working together to build a better future for tomorrow's children.
Investing in our people - workplace and recognition awards
- Stephanie Hasenbos-Case joins Grant Thornton International Ltd as its first people and culture global leader on the global leadership team
- Grant Thornton named, for a second year in a row, global 'Employer of the Year' by the International Accounting Bulletin
- Grant Thornton named one of the 50 World's Most Attractive Global Employers by Universum
- Grant Thornton named with the 'Best leadership development programme' by the Managing Partners Forum
For further information please contact:
Director of public relations and external affairs
T +1 312-602-8955